Hi my brothers and sisters in Christ,
On Monday I had my last physical therapy appointment. I have reached 70% of normal mobility, so I am on my own to try and make it back to full mobility. I also saw the doctor on Monday afternoon and he said that I have about a three month window where I will be able to improve, so I need to work hard at it. Both my therapist and doctor are amazed at my speedy recovery. They said they never expected that I would recover to this point this quickly. That is good news. I can't imagine it taking any longer. I Have worked out a plan, that the doctor and therapist believe is achievable as long as I don't have any set-backs, to return to full-time work.
In September I will be teaching confirmation classes each week beginning Wednesday, September 09. I will be preaching the weekends of September 05-06 & September 19-20. I will be attending the Trustees Meeting on September 17. I will be in the office every Wednesday and will be avaiable to anyone who would like to come and see me between 12:00 - 2:00 pm. I need the other time to prepare for confirmation classes and worship services.
In October I plan on adding to this by preaching October 03-04, October 17-18, October 25-25, October 31-November 01 and adding Thursdays in the office where I will be avaiable from 12:00-2:00 pm for anyone who would like to come and see me.
I hope that this is encouraging to all of you as it is encouraging to me that I am on the mend and feel like I am at the top of the plateau and hope that soon it will be a downhill walk for me and you. I realize that it has been very hard for you to have a pastor who has been out of commission. I pray for all of you every day as I know (from your cards, letters, and verbal encourgements) that you have been praying for me everyday as well. Thank you so much for traveling on this journey with me.
In the arms of Jesus, our Savior,
Pastor Randy
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment